Monday, May 3, 2010

Bummed

The other day I apologized to Nicole for not posting anything in awhile as I was struggling with negativity  and didn't feel it was productive to write about it.  "Why not?" she replied.  I don't think you really want to hear about my journey with gastroenteritis, do you?!  My foot infection is equally pleasant.  Thought it was all cleared up  but after cleaning and drying my foot after the run,  noticed it is still there, hovering below the surface of a thick annoying callus.  It is painful to run and the antibiotics haven't cleared it up yet.  I was in denial that it had. It means sitting in a waiting room again today.

I realize these are not life altering experiences (duh, G, pick yourself up).  They are bummer experiences.  You  run through them  and wait for the good runs, which you know will come again.

  Yesterday our newest member of the Winnipeg Barefoot Runners completed his first Half in Vibrams and said they were awesome.  It is always fun to run with someone as they are in the midst of achieving their first. It makes you reflect on your own first  half marathon experience and how great it was.

Stay tuned for the bleeding nipple photo  soon to be posted by Nicole.  Some might say he was overly  excited to show us his war wounds, but we were happy to oblige and take his shot.  He  recently lost 50  pounds and this was his first Half.  He dug deep and was able to achieve his goal. Truly inspirational.  Way to go, Nipple Man!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the awesome words, it was a great experience and I am still amazed that I was able to achieve that what I would never thought possible not even 6 months ago. All I can think about is how much time do I have to shave off to hit the next goal of 2 hours and 15 minutes at the next half. I will say thanks for the pace set, because you and Nic were the reason I did what I did. On-On (whoops wrong running group).

    ReplyDelete