Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Few Thoughts

Last Sunday we started out at 6 am thinking it would be great to get that extra hour of sleep for a change.  But when I awoke and  realized it was already bright outside there was a feeling I had missed something.  There was sadness in knowing we missed an opportunity to run with the rising of the sun. When I shared this feeling with Nicole she confessed she felt the same way.  I cannot believe I am saying this but we agreed to go back to beginning our long runs before sunrise so as not to miss that magical time of day.  When you start out running in the dark and  slowly see the sun come up upon the horizon, you know you are part of something special, but  you are not merely a spectator.  It reminds me of something I read once.  A society of ancient people believed that exertion through running at dawn helped strengthen the sun to come up for a new day.   So from now on we will do our part in helping the sun come up....although this exertion thing is new to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment